If you’re the owner of a Sunesta awning from Paul Construction, you’re aware of the premium quality our customers have come to expect. Our team of installers is highly trained and consistently provides the most reliable standard of awning installation in the Bucks County area. That being said, accidents do happen, and sometimes things that are out of your control (such as harsh weather) can take a toll on your retractable awning. As the owner of a Sunesta awning, here’s a useful checklist in case your awning ever needs repairs:
- Determine the problem – The extent of care depends on the nature of your problem. Most awning issues are either electrical, motor-related, or cosmetic. Electrical issues could be related to a blown fuse or a short, and sometimes a professional may be needed to determine the cause. There are a few different types of motor-related issues: the minor ones require repairs while the major ones may require a replacement. Minor cosmetic issues in the fabric can usually be patched yourself, while large-scale rips or tears may require a replacement.
- Hired labor or DIY? – Based on the severity of your issue, you need to decide whether it’s necessary to hire a professional, or simply handle the issue yourself. Electrical problems may not originate in the awning and be solved by a simple fuse replacement. Motor-related issues more often require a professional consultation. Cosmetic problems usually either require do-it-yourself patching or a full-on replacement.
- Costs of replacement versus repair – This step involves determining the cost-effectiveness of replacements versus repair. Again, more severe issues may be better handled with a full replacement, while minor issues are cheaper to handle on your own. After a certain point, an awning with several patches will become an eyesore and you may be better off replacing the fabric altogether, rather than regularly making your own repairs.
- Retractable awning replacement fabric – When replacing your awning fabric yourself it is important to do your research and take your time. The materials used to make awnings can bunch; therefore it is important to handle with care. Awnings are usually large in size so in order to replace the awnings it would be more efficient if there was more than one person. Luckily, Sunesta Awnings offers not only warranty on your awnings, but also replacement fabrics that match your taste in design and comfort.
- Retractable awning replacement arms – Similarly to the replacement of awning fabric there are warranties on Sunesta awnings. When looking to replace the arm of an awning things can get a little more technical. Therefore, at Paul Construction and Awning we want to help make the replacement for you as easy as possible. Replacing an awning arm can be difficult and time-consuming so it can be in your best interest to call our awning experts.
Many awning issues can easily be evaluated by homeowners, but the answers aren’t necessarily always clear. This may cause you to ask what your options are for retractable awning repair near me. When in doubt, bringing in a professional from Paul Awning and Construction for a consultation can help ease the repair process.
Call Paul Construction for Bucks County’s Most Reliable Awnings
At Paul Construction, we only use the highest-quality awnings from Sunesta. You can have confidence that our expert awning installation team will provide you with the best available and highest-functioning retractable awnings. If you ever do find functional or cosmetic issues with one of our awnings, we will gladly evaluate the issue and help you find a solution. Contact us today for assistance with retractable awnings, and all other aspects of your backyard living space.