Key Elements of a Bucks County Outdoor Kitchen
If you’re the owner of a big backyard, looking to capitalize on your space and create the ultimate luxurious living space, adding an outdoor kitchen may be the way to go. An outdoor kitchen can transform your backyard into a truly well-rounded living space, with nearly all of the amenities of your house. With an outdoor kitchen, you have the freedom to spend the whole day outdoors, without having to return inside for lunch or dinner. Here are a few key elements no Bucks County outdoor kitchen should go without:
- A state-of-the-art grill – Clearly, the grill is the most important aspect of any outdoor kitchen. When selecting a grill, we recommend going for one of the higher-end options, as this will be the crown jewel of your outdoor kitchen.
- Quality counters – Though the grill may be the flashiest part of your outdoor kitchen, having high-quality counters is equally important. You’ll need these for food preparation, and this is what really separates an outdoor kitchen from a traditional grilling area.
- Chairs, tables, and bars – Next, you need to invest in seating, tables, and a bar in order to create a comfortable space for your family and guests. Make sure to choose outdoor furniture that matches the color scheme of your home and existing outdoor space.
- A mini-fridge and storage – Install a miniature fridge and some cabinets so that you can store grilling items right there in the outdoor kitchen, without needing to return inside for supplies throughout the day. During parties, stock up the fridge with beers and soft drinks in order to prevent unnecessary indoor foot traffic.
- Lighting, fans, and extras – A good lighting system is a necessity, and the right one can go a long way in creating the type of ambience you want for your outdoor kitchen. Installing a ceiling fan underneath an overhang can provide your family and guests with a cool escape from the heat on especially humid days. An outdoor fireplace and small bathroom can help finish off your space with all of the luxuries of a typical indoor space.
When designing your Bucks County outdoor kitchen, it’s important to hit all of the areas listed above. There is ample room for customization within each of these categories, and you’re sure to find the combination of features that works best for you and your home.
Call Paul Construction For Backyard Construction Services
For over 20 years, the team at Paul Construction has been helping Bucks County families design and construct luxurious backyard living spaces. If you’re hoping to have an outdoor kitchen ready for your summer 2016 pool opening, contact us to schedule an in-person consultation. We look forward to working with you!