Philadelphia is Pennsylvania’s largest city and the sixth most populous city in the country, with approximately 1.5 million people residing in it. It is one of the oldest in the United States as well and was founded back in 1682 by William Penn. Over the years, the region has developed into a thriving metropolis with many Fortune 1000 industries headquartered here. In this article we are going to look some of the Resources for Philadelphia PA.
The city offers many resources and support systems to its residents. There is plenty of entertainment, education, business, and other essential establishments available within the city limits. These are only some of the reasons why we are proud to be considered the #1 Philadelphia Retractable Awning Installer.
Here’s a look at some of Resources for Philadelphia PA:
- Annual Events
Philadelphia holds several exciting annual events to encourage communal harmony and motivate its citizens to get involved. These events draw thousands of people every year and brighten the city atmosphere. Here’s a look at some of them:
- The Mummer’s Parade to celebrate the New Year. Its held on 1 January with Mummers in extravagant costumes roaming on city streets.
- The Chinese New Year Parade showcases authentic dragon costumes, has delicious traditional food, and several small festivities.
- The Philadelphia Auto Show attracts thousands of people and displays some of the latest innovations in the industry along with some beautiful cars.
- Philadelphia Flower Show occurs in March and is one of the largest flower shows in the US.
- People who love spring can enjoy it at its full glory by attending the Subaru Cherry Blossom Festival.
- Science enthusiasts can attend the Philadelphia Science Festival, which is open for all ages and designed to encourage interest in STEM.
Other events include the Penn Relays, Blue Cross Broad Street Run, Dad Vail Regatta, and so much more. There’s always something to keep people entertained throughout the year.
You don’t need to wait for festivals and events to find entertainment. Philadelphia has approximately 17.5 square miles of parkland, which means there’s ample green space to explore. The largest park is Fairmount Park, and it includes the Philadelphia Zoo. It is the perfect place for family trips and some nature exploration. You can also visit the Wissahickon Valley Park, which is close by and offers many unique attractions as well.
Some of the biggest attractions in parks are the Georgian, Federal-style, and Colonial Revival mansions located within them. The area is included in the list of World Register of Historic Places.
Philadelphia has a thriving sports culture and several establishments that encourage it. The city is one of only 13 to have teams in all four major league sports. It is home to teams like Phillies, Eagles, Flyers, Union, and more.
Sports enthusiasts can enjoy games on extensive grounds like the Citizens Bank Park or the Lincoln Financial Field. Lovers of almost every kind of sport have an opportunity to thrive here. The city hosts games and tournaments for soccer, rugby, cricket, cycling, rowing, and so much more.
As one of the oldest cities in the country, the region also has great historical buildings and attractions. You will never be bored in Philadelphia.