Adding a Washington Township, NJ patio to your home increases the amount of living space and allows for you to expand your outdoor activities. You will find that a patio increases the value of your home while also improving your quality of life. Building a patio is exciting, and you may feel ready to quickly move on with the process without properly vetting the contractors you’ve looked into. Before hiring the first construction company you find, Paul Construction & Awning offers some helpful tips for interviewing those who are looking to build your Washington Township, NJ patio.
What To Ask a Washington Township, NJ Patio Builder
With the promise of nice weather in the near future, you are probably eager to hire someone and get the process started immediately for your new Washington Township, NJ patio. But your patio will only be as good as the patio builders that you hired. Here are some basic questions to ask the construction companies prior to making your final hiring decision.
- How Long Have You Been Constructing Patios? Wouldn’t you like to know how much experience the builder has in designing and building patios? While everyone has to start somewhere, you’ll want to be confident that your builder can handle the job. It is wise to ask for a portfolio of their past work. And don’t be afraid to ask about their training and if they belong to any local or national associations.
- Are You Licensed and Registered In New Jersey? Before allowing a builder to start on your Washington Township, NJ patio, be sure to verify that he or she is licensed in your state!
- Do You Have Insurance? It is also very important that your builder has sufficient general liability insurance to cover any damage that occurs to your property, or injury to you or your family.
- Do You Guarantee Your Work? Most builders will offer some sort of warranty of their workmanship and materials. Ask about it! For example, Paul Construction guarantees your satisfaction. In fact, the materials are guaranteed for the manufacturer’s warranty and the workmanship carries a lifetime warranty!
- Can You Estimate a Date of Completion? While no one can provide a guaranteed date of completion, they should be able to give you a general idea. Ask that they keep you updated with any unforeseen changes.
Contact Paul Construction For Your Washington Township, NJ Patio
The professionals at Paul Construction & Awning have been designing, building, and perfecting custom patios for over 20 years. If you’re ready to get started on your backyard construction, contact the best patio builders in the business – Paul Construction.