Building a deck on your home increases the amount of usable space and allows for you to expand your outdoor activities. Not only does it increase the value of your home, but it can also improve your quality of life! Deciding to add a deck is exciting, and you may be tempted to quickly move on with the process without properly vetting the Bucks County deck builders you’ve looked into. Before hiring the first construction company that you come across, Paul Construction & Awning offers some helpful tips for interviewing the potential deck builders on your list.
How To Interview Deck Builders in Bucks and Montgomery County
If you’ve done your research on the benefits of adding a deck to your home, and you realize that it’s best to begin planning now for your spring construction, you might be eager to hire someone and get the process started. But your deck will only be as good as the deck builders that you hired. Below are some questions to ask deck builders in Bucks and Montgomery County before you make your final hiring decision.
- How Long Have You Been Doing This? While everyone has to start somewhere, you want to know that your builder has enough experience in order to handle the job. It is wise to ask for a portfolio of their past work. And don’t be afraid to ask about how they were trained and if they belong to any local or national associations.
- Are You Licensed and Registered In Pennsylvania? Be sure to verify that your builder is licensed in your state!
- Do You Have Insurance? It is equally important that your builder has adequate general liability insurance to cover any damage that occurs to your property, or injury to you or your family.
- Do You Guarantee Your Work? Ask about the builder’s warranty of their workmanship and materials. For example, Paul Construction guarantees your satisfaction. In fact, the materials are guaranteed for the manufacturer’s warranty and the workmanship carries a lifetime warranty!
- Can You Estimate a Date of Completion of My Deck? While no builder can give you a guaranteed date of completion, they should be able to give you a general idea. Ask that they keep you updated with any unforeseen changes.
Contact Paul Construction for Experienced Deck Builders
The experts at Paul Construction & Awning have been designing, building, and perfecting decks for over 20 years. If you’re ready to get started in your backyard construction, contact the best deck builders in the business – Paul Construction.